Saturday, June 9, 2012

Newbie Alert!



 I've always been in the kitchen cooking. I was raised in a communal living setting (meaning multiple families living under one roof) and my mother worked late nights so making food for myself and the others in my house became a natural duty. I've always loved to create new dishes and in recent times I've realized that I actually like to photograph my creations too. So I hope you enjoy some of the stuff you'll see around here just as much as I've enjoyed creating it.

  Oh did I mention I was vegetarian? That seems like some pertinent information right about now. Hence the title of my blog. Oh, and the "Snaps" would be short for snapshots. Just so we're clear.

Watermelon with mint and peach schnapps. Just something I whipped up.

  And if you're wondering, no I am not one of those PETA card-carrying "all life is special life" type veggies. I was raised vegan and after awhile realized that I liked pizza too much to deprive myself of it for the rest of my life so I became and lacto vegetarian (my mother hates that I eat dairy by the way. She says it's the gateway drug to meat. Bless her heart).  So I've never really had this desire for meat and probably won't. That isn't to say I haven't tried it. But not eating it does not feel like a deprivation.


That's enough of that. I'll be posting pictures of the stuff I make in my little kitchen as regularly as I can. To my fellow veggies, I hope you'll like and maybe cook some of the things you see. To my omnivores out there: don't knock it until you've tried it. My roommate's a carnivore (like seriously, this chick loves her meat) and when I cook she eats my food and loves it. You might learn something.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment