Friday, June 22, 2012

Garlicky Green Beans and Potatoes


 I love green beans.


I also love potatoes.


Put them both together and you have a love fest on a plate.

So I stir-fried some green beans with these small potatoes for lunch and it really made my day.

I present garlicky green beans and potatoes:

Ingredients:

Green beans snapped and washed
Fingerling potatoes or any small white potato
5 cloves of garlic minced
Olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Green beans and potatoes after their shock treatment.

Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes or until they are soft.  Set aside.

Steam the green beans for 5 minutes.

Shock the green beans in ice cold water. Drain and set aside


Heat a skillet with olive oil on medium high. Saute your minced garlic.

After garlic is browned, throw in your potatoes and green beans and heat through. Add salt and pepper and turn off the heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment